• Flavor Ice! Perfect summertime treat. Yes, it’s just flavored water in a plastic sleeve but tasty & simple. Exquisitely cold on a hot July afternoon without sticky, heavy, creamy (heavenly) goodness of ice cream (which I adore). There’s something about the heat that has me chewing ice, in a most satisfying way.
• The fruition of functionality in our home office. This means I can finally sit on the futon & watch a movie off of Scott’s work monitor. The office is certainly not aesthetically delicious yet but it’s exciting to unearth the futon from beneath STUFF. It had become an overly large shelf for the past 2 apartments.
• Teaching myself some bastardized embroidery. It’s not so much embroidery as it is crazy random drawing with thread. Texxxxxture.
• Going to see a friend’s DJ set tonight at the Burlington, a very nice little bar just a 5 minute bicycle ride away. Which means….Night Ride! 😀
• The Violet Hour’s ever-changing facade (though, really, I am not as keen on the newest iteration—not pictured here).
• Dangling, out-of-place shoes. Glorious weather. Snuggly cats (Seriously, Gibson has been Aggressively Snuggling for the past few days & it’s stupid cute). Awesome husband. Mostly clean apartment. My Google Reader (I share whatever tickles my fancy at the moment) & I have some most excellent discussions with friends on there too! Finishing more hats (Which I hope to have time to shoot this weekend). Being so, so close to the weekend; I can almost taste it.
What’s ringing your bell this week?
Bad blogger! I didn’t sketch this week so I’m posting some older artwork but will try to get a new sketch up sometime this week. The original collage is actually also in ye olde etsy shop for the mere sum of $10!
Friday5: Week 8.
Birthday week. I also have picked up my computer from repair & am back up & running again: woohoo! Hope everyone has had a fabulous week & that it continues to be fabulous through the weekend.
• Ork Posters (pictured left); I just purchased this print (the extra large size!) that I’ve been eyeing for YEARS. I love love love it. They have a bunch of other cities as well. Done by a local Chicago designer, Jennifer Beorkrem.
• Drinking straws. Mostly in bubbly water + vanilla syrup. Often in just plain water too. I seem to consume more liquid whilst using a straw.
• A fabulous birthday which included seeing the movie: Up; which I thought was fantastic. I want to run around with a ton of balloons now.
• Legally changing my name & getting a new driver’s license with it on there. Julie Mack Boyce. I can’t drop my Mack but I did drop the owiak. Scott & I both would have liked to choose a completely new last name for both of us but we couldn’t decide on one in particular. Neither of us are entirely comfortable with the patriarchal leanings of the woman taking the man’s last name/becoming his property but I’m really in love with the notion of having a family name; as in my family unit has it’s own name/ a single last name. I’m not knocking anyone’s decision on the matter of should-she or shouldn’t-she, this is just what we decided on after a long thought-process. If we can ever decide on a new last name, we’ll go ahead and change it then.
• Lovely cool weather we’ve been having. Mid-70s to low-80s is pretty dang perfect. Sprinkles of rain too which are kind of damn glorious. But only when the sun is trying to shove itself out from behind the clouds.
What’s floating your love boat this week?