TiLT, part thirteen
• Ork Posters (pictured left); I just purchased this print (the extra large size!) that I’ve been eyeing for YEARS. I love love love it. They have a bunch of other cities as well. Done by a local Chicago designer, Jennifer Beorkrem.
• Drinking straws. Mostly in bubbly water + vanilla syrup. Often in just plain water too. I seem to consume more liquid whilst using a straw.
• A fabulous birthday which included seeing the movie: Up; which I thought was fantastic. I want to run around with a ton of balloons now.
• Legally changing my name & getting a new driver’s license with it on there. Julie Mack Boyce. I can’t drop my Mack but I did drop the owiak. Scott & I both would have liked to choose a completely new last name for both of us but we couldn’t decide on one in particular. Neither of us are entirely comfortable with the patriarchal leanings of the woman taking the man’s last name/becoming his property but I’m really in love with the notion of having a family name; as in my family unit has it’s own name/ a single last name. I’m not knocking anyone’s decision on the matter of should-she or shouldn’t-she, this is just what we decided on after a long thought-process. If we can ever decide on a new last name, we’ll go ahead and change it then.
• Lovely cool weather we’ve been having. Mid-70s to low-80s is pretty dang perfect. Sprinkles of rain too which are kind of damn glorious. But only when the sun is trying to shove itself out from behind the clouds.
What’s floating your love boat this week?